Menu
pseidl
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV at rear of house

I have booked in Virgin in January to replace my Sky system.  My tv is at the rear of the house and I live in a terrace so the only way they can lay a cable is over the roof.  Does this mean I have to cancel the installation? 

If so then I might just switch broadband to Virgin - does this need to be near my tv or can I have it running from the telephone point where current hub is installed in the middle of my house?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV at rear of house

@pseidl wrote:

I have booked in Virgin in January to replace my Sky system.  My tv is at the rear of the house and I live in a terrace so the only way they can lay a cable is over the roof.  Does this mean I have to cancel the installation? 

If so then I might just switch broadband to Virgin - does this need to be near my tv or can I have it running from the telephone point where current hub is installed in the middle of my house?

VM installers cannot install cabling above the first floor, so the coax feed will have to use another route if you want it installed. The hub can be anywhere you like. Virgin broadband is cable broadband (DOCSIS) & runs from their TV coax, not the telephone cable. If you have their landline service, this also plugs into their hub.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV at rear of house

A cable should never be installed over a roof, so the only way is through the house (usually by drilling through an internal wall or two although occasionally a cable can be routed through the loft if you can manage to drill the holes and drop down a rope at the front to enable the installer to pull the cable through).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos