Menu
johngossage
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Buffering

I moved to Virgin phone and 100mps broadband approx 4 months ago and since then my on internet (Netflix, BBC iplayer etc) tv is often unwatchable due to it continually buffering (frozen and small circle revolving in centre of screen). Tried installing local extender and both wifi and wired connection to it is the same. Any ideas what's wrong. Really appreciate help 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Buffering

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
johngossage
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Buffering

Hi. I am unable to use SamKnows as when I try it tells me that my router is not of the right type. However when I use InternetSpeedTest.co.uk I get 79.1 Download and 7.0 upload.

I don't know a whole lot about it but I think that this should be great for TV etc.

Tsince I wrote the above request I have had fairly continuous service then yesterday evening unwatchable - buffering every 30 seconds from about 7pm when I turned on. I really believe it to be an intermittent problem.

0 Kudos