Menu
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TERRIBLE SERVICE

Is anyone else having problems with their internet service.  Since April of this year the service has been like a Yo-Yo, up and down,up and down.  I hang on the phone for an hour to speak to someone then get cut off. I have checked the Down Detector site and it seems the problem is countrywide. I have lost online grocery delivery slots (which are like gold in my area) because when I try to pay, the internet goes off for a couple of hours then when I try again, the delivery slot has gone and there isn't another one for a week. When doing online banking and transferring money, the internet goes of again so I have no idea whether the money transfer went through or not and I have to wait a few hours before being able to check my bank account. I was told by Ofcom that the service has to be off for 24 hours before compensation is paid but since April, I kept a note of the times the internet went down, an hour here and there, two hours here and there and it added up to five days without internet, but I can't get compensation as it is not continuous. Why are we not being told what the problem is, if there are upgrades in the area, please let us know what times these are being carried out so we know not to use our computers.  How these people are coping working from home with the unreliable service we have beats me and I honestly think that Virgin should be taken to court for theft as they are taking our money but not giving us a service at all and that is definitely theft. Totally sick and fed up of Virgin.  I have been with them since the days of NTL in the 80's and it is only this year that the problems started, everything should be more advanced now not less advanced unless the engineers Virgin employ are not up to being able to maintaining a decent service. Do not blame Covid 19, because Virgin are still charging us full price for a poor service which they blame on Covid 19.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TERRIBLE SERVICE

Any chance that you can repost please, it is very difficult trying to read this one.

You have written 368 words without a line or paragraph break, it is like trying to read the pattern on a house brick.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Sweething, 

Really sorry that you've been having some on going issues and I can fully appreciate the frustration. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and I can see that there has been a known issue in the area since July. 

The issue would be causing the intermittent service and has a reference of F008258804 . The team are working hard to resolve this and the estimated fix date is 28th September 10:00am. 

If you're still having issues after this fix date then please pop back and we can provide you with an update. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply, I have been ill and my family have had Coronavirus.

Yes problems are still the same. Every day the internet goes off, then on, then off again. It has been horrendous today.  I can't start doing any  online banking because when I log in and start to check my account spending etc, it goes off and I then have to log in again.  It has been off for two hours at a time during the day.  Day after day.

I am giving it until the end of my contract then cancelling it.  I have received a text stating there is work to be done in my area on Tuesday next week so I am hoping that this corrects the problem.  If you check Virgin Media Down Detector you will see for yourselves the complaints that are being made even though it stated Virgin Media are not having problems.  I think it is disgusting, I am paying for a service I am not getting, if I ordered a coat and then refused to pay I will be taken to court so how is Virgin Media getting away with charging for a service it is not giving. I am sick and fed up of Virgin.

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear that you and your family have been ill, I hope you're all feeling better now. 

I can appreciate the frustration with the service and I've had another look and can see that the fault has been extended under the reference F008258804 until 28th October at 12:00. 

The team will be doing all they can to have this sorted as soon as possible but sometimes faults can be more complex than we first thought. Until this has been resolved you will notice intermittent loss of service. 

Keep us posted with how you're getting on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

An intermittent service is still a service, if you lose all service then it becomes no service and you can claim compensation. Check your contract. 

0 Kudos