Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

T3 & T4 timeout + No Ranging Response + access denied message

Hi, 

Problem info :

T3 timeout no Ranging response

T4 timeout no unicast maintenance opportunities received

Internet status listed as 'Access Denied' 

New router received & installed, but still having same messages as on old router. 

Story :

My Internet dropped out late afternoon three days ago (26th Oct 2020).

I phoned early in the morning yesterday (27th Oct 2020) and got an automated response saying that work is being done in my area and all would be back to normal by 5pm. At 6pm I still had no Internet, so I called 150 spent 40mins on hold and then eventually got through to someone who insisted the issue was with my router despite it working just fine with no issues for the 2+yrs and that a new one would fix my issues.

I received the new router today (28th Oct 2020) and the new router has not fixed the issue. I spent 1.5 hrs on hold to try speak to someone but after 1.5 hrs the hold music stopped and the line went dead. 

Please can you send out an engineer to look at this since it is clearly not a hardware issues 

Thanks Luke. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: T3 & T4 timeout + No Ranging Response + access denied message

Have you checked to see if the known fault has actually been fixed? Sounds as if it may not have been.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows there call it in at 08.00 that gives the best chance of getting straight through.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: T3 & T4 timeout + No Ranging Response + access denied message

Hi John, 

Thanks for the phone number, there are no issues on either the website or the phone line.

And thanks I'll call bright and early tomorrow morning 🙂 

0 Kudos