Menu
glenito
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

System problems at Virgin?

Hey all,

So I managed to have a new VM Hub 3 sent out to replace my Super Hub 1.

It arrived today and I followed the instructions. The WiFi seems ok but no WAN sadly.

I ran all the usual stuff (reboots, resets, modem mode only, activation line etc.) but no change.

I spoke to a couple of people at VM and the story goes that they are upgrading some systems which were due to have completed by 2pm but sounds like it will take at least another 4-5 hours, meanwhile activation requests are backing up. The tech support guy said it may take a couple of days to get round to us so that means tethering our phones for home internet - doable but far from ideal.

Thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has had the same story, and also to say that if you're deciding l to swap routers today - I'd leave it for a couple of days!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mork23
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: System problems at Virgin?

Ah this will tie in with my situation then.  Had an engineer install a new connection for me today.  Hub cycling through a range of colours and actions without connecting.  Activation team seem to think there is an outstanding action on the engineer who I got back in touch with.  He says number of premises he's been to today are in the same situation as the 'system is down'.  

I'm lucky, I'm retaining my DSL connection so have working internet.  For others I imagine this is mightily frustrating...

glenito
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this - does indeed sound like the same thing. An engineer just called me to confirm - the activation system (known as "HITS" apparently) is down so will keep monitoring and if no improvement will call tomorrow.

With the benefit of hindsight, my wife is telling me I should have waited until the weekend lol 🙂

0 Kudos
SauceBoss
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same issue for myself. Will be resolved in no longer than 3 working days. 

I do love Virgin media 👌

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@sauceboss Unfortunately technology does go wrong, and when you start to work with it you realise its not always an easy fix.  I'm sure they are trying their best to fix as soon as possible

glenito
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Latest update: I'm now fully connected to the internet and my WiFi speed and coverage is still so much better than with my Hub 1.

Everyone I've spoken to has been great - hopefully any automation is back up and running for the guys so they don't have as much backlog to deal with tomorrow!

SauceBoss
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely. Tech goes wrong sometimes. 

Communinication was super poor. Very mixed answers today.

Be up within 4 hours, known issue but will be up in 4 hours, call back in 2 hours, not aware of any issues - will be no more than 3 business days.

Router will register itself, you'll need to callback to register?

I just would have loved someone to say it's being worked on we have no fix time, the activation will go ahead without further action from you. 

That way I wouldn't have wasted my time calling in an attempt to resolve it.