Menu
Shrekwatcher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Switching wall sockets

We have a wall socket downstairs and another upstairs. Our hub 3.0 is plugged in downstairs but we’d like to move it upstairs so that we can connect via. LAN in the study (running a wire through the house isn’t an option).

I tried connecting the hub upstairs but get only flashing green lights. I looked at the box outside and it does indeed look like the wire to the upstairs wall socket has been disconnected.

Is it possible to have both wall sockets connected so that we can easily move the hub from one to the other whenever we like? If so, would this be a free service Virgin would provide to line renters? The outside box is generally a mess with no cover and wires exposed to the elements so I expect we’ll need to call an engineer out either way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Switching wall sockets

If you get a technician call booked for the brown box being damaged the tech may well be happy to install a splitter so you can do this.

Sounds like you need to get those cables covered up.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Shrekwatcher
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's great news, thanks.

Their phone lines have been busy all day and I can't find any way of contacting them via. live chat or their messenger service which I've seen mention of in a couple of places. I don't suppose you happen to have a direct link to either of these?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not, the best time to call is 8am on the dot when the lines open. 0345 454 1111

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction