cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from sky to virgin

Knighter87
Joining in

Hi, I’m switching from sky to virgin on Friday this week, I have a self install kit coming but do  NOT have a virgin media wall socket. Do I need one? 

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lnighter87

Thank you for taking the time to post in regards to your upcoming equipment delivery but the issues with the internal workings of your property, welcome to the forums.

In order to be able to install the services you would need an internal wall socket, we're happy to help with this and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quick install kits are "usually" only sent if the property had VM previously.  You can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

Also make sure you don't cancel your Sky until VM is installed and you have fully tested within the 14 day cooling off period.  There are many posts here of delayed VM installs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

I’m switching from sky to virgin on Friday this week  - if you lack the VM connectivity that date may not hold so do not cancel the Sky internet and TV services until after the VM connection has been installed and has been seen to work for at least a few weeks.   

For most folks ending up without internet / TV for an open ended period puts you firmly between the dog house and the divorce courts !