Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Switching from my previous BB supplier

Hi.

I've ordered a 1Gig connection, installation is next week. I'm currently with TalkTalk, but out of contract and can leave at any time.

Question is, I do not have any previous Virgin Media connections at my property. Will the engineer set-up everything, install the connecting box into my wall etc?

Also, is it wise to not cancel my TalkTalk connection yet, in case the installation date changes?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Switching from my previous BB supplier

Hello

You will have 2 teams of engineers booked in the first one will do the pull of cable from the cabinet to the house before the install date / time, then the 2nd engineer will install the external box and all the internal boxes / connections.

The first team will be 2 people to do the pull of cable, I would not advise disconnecting your previous BB as if the first team come across a blocked duct then it may be delayed.

Regards

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The engineer will do everything that is required. You can help by having a firm idea of where you want things putting.

Stick with TT until you are up and running with VM.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. PS, I used to lve DJ Shadow.... Endtroducing is a total classic!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike!
0 Kudos