cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Sky.

Peci
Joining in

So my contract came to an end so I decided to switch to you guys but sky's cancelation won't be until the 24th July and I've already received the Virgin Hub. It says I have 12 hours to activate it. I know that you two work on different infrastructures so if I setup the Virgin Hub will I have broadband or do I have to wait till Sky cancells the broadband? Thebhouse has had Virgin Media before and when Openreach came to install Sky I remember they took quite a while and ripped a lot of things so I'm not sure if it will be as simple as unplug and plug the new one hah...

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peci,

Welcome to the forums and to Virgin Media! 😊

Yes, if you were to activate our Hub and service now, this would not cut off or interfere with your services with Sky, as we are on different networks. As your property has had our services before, you should already be all ready to go when you went to plug in the equipment.

If you have any issues with set up or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask us from here. We'll be happy to help.

Beth

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi Peci,

Welcome to the forums and to Virgin Media! 😊

Yes, if you were to activate our Hub and service now, this would not cut off or interfere with your services with Sky, as we are on different networks. As your property has had our services before, you should already be all ready to go when you went to plug in the equipment.

If you have any issues with set up or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask us from here. We'll be happy to help.

considering your statements in your post @Peci the answer from VM is strange - yes you may be good to go but then again BT as they do sometimes may have removed all VM wiring to install their own - you will not know until you connect the hub which would have been a better answer than - you will be good to go - Beth has no idea and is simply adding a standard answer

if it works you will have 2 providers for a while - if not you will need VM to sort out the install which may be easy or take 18 months - thats the longest known of one here

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Client62
Legend

If the VM kit does work or can not be connected ... Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.  Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.