Menu
UnHappyBunny999
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub3 - base light colour ?

Got SH3 on Tuesday, all wired in and working fine in modem mode.

What is the base light colour really supposed to be ? Reading the guide, it says "white", but I would describe what I am seeing as more "rose" - there is definitely a hint of pink in there.

At the risk of starting a Farrow and Ball subthread - and noting that accessing the SH3 192.168.100.1 page doesn't seem to show anything to be alarmed about, am I alone in this.

Presumably when the guide says "red" it means a real crimson red, not an anaemic pink ? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub3 - base light colour ?

Modem Mode produces a Magenta base light. If its red its an overheat warning.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3 - base light colour ?

Ah, but one man’s magenta is another man’s red! After a long time my magenta LED is definitely looking more red and it’s currently not overheating as it’s under the stairs under the floor in the cold.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos