Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Superhub swap 2 to 3

Posted this yesterday and 2 people offered to help checking signals and activation etc - unfortunately the hub came late in the day - is anyone able to asisst today please

Thanks

Andy

Last week my Superhub2 lost2 of it 3 wired connections and the wifi. Powered off and back on and was the same. My son works from home and luckily it was his wired connection that worked fine, good speeds etc, other 2 wired connection said no connection.

I rang re the problem and the lady was very helpful, was told could be a hub problem so sending new Superhub 3 ( arriving today) and also she would send some signals to the hub to try to help. I Powered off and back on again about an hour later and its been working perfectly ever since. 

Having read up in the forum about the Superhub3 and the problems it appears to have I am reluctant to swap it as I can not be without connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub swap 2 to 3

not sure what help you are wanting - if the SH2 works then leave it where it is - if it fails again you have the 3 to fall back on - there were lots of problems in the early days with the hub3 for gamers - most of that was solved with firmware updates

as a hub its no better than the SH2 in many ways - wifi certainly is not 

not sure what signals were sent - wifi settings maybe or just a reboot/reset - nothing that you could not have done

so your choice really

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, I tend to agree with you, if its not broke dont fix it. Getting good speeds and its working fine. It was when only one of three wired connections worked and no wifi that we thought the hub was on its way out.

Thanks for your thoughts

Andy

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’d keep as is if it’s working 👍🏼

0 Kudos