Menu
neevo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub is dead (no power)

but I cant speak to VM because they are messing with the line and wont put me through past theri "help" message. I dont need to diagnose it (though their tests say my broadband is fine (?). The router will not power up. Sick of rinigng and trying to get past that message. £52 for a phone line is excessive

Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub is dead (no power)

When you get the recorded message try pushing some random numbers, it sometimes gets you through ok. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If their automated system is blocking people getting through (I have seen a few say this, but never had it happen to me) then I would phone up and pick the option "Thinking of Leaving", ask them if they can either get you put through to support or if they can raise a "formal complaint".  I would imagine you will be put through to a non-automated person, or they would even order the replacement for you.

Bit odd that the router will not power up and that it passes the online test.

I once had them come out to a unit that would smoke when plugged in.  They refused to send out a tech until I plugged it in so they could remotely diagnose it.  I thought they were just idiots but needed the visit to fix it.  Sadly the Tech they sent out was a idiot too, lol... He plugged it in and couldn't find what was wrong with it (The smell of burning and haze in the air must not be in any troubleshooting lessons).   I dropped the TV service the next day and never regretted it.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Imbecile
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar issue, my router wont power up or in fact show any signs of life. As there is a "known fault" in my area which will be fixed in 6 hours time 3pm  they wont let me past that message. I tried their "technical problem" option and they ran some tests then they just repeated the known daily message and said "thanks for calling goodbye" obviously a router that can't turn on isn't going to magically be able to turn on at 3pm. Looks like i have to wait for this other issue to be resolved before i can get further. Was meant to be working from home today, have missed a meeting and about to miss another one whilst commuting.

The really annoying part is that I can't progress the fix at all.

Very disappointed:(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Imbelcile,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you very much for your post. We are sorry to hear you have had some issues relating to your Hub as well as being able to contact our faults team to investigate this further. We would certainly like to have a further look into this for you via a private message. We will follow up right away with a few security questions.

Many thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos