Menu
Monkeykeian
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 with Ruckus AP

Hi all,

At the moment I’m running my Virgin m200 through the hub 3 with my Ruckus Ap connected via Ethernet (extending my Wi-Fi). But I’m not getting very fast speeds. Poss 50mbps, so I thought it may be better turning the hub 3 into modem mode.

However,

I’m having problems setting my hub 3 up with my Ruckus R510 AP.

I have stopped DHCP from the hub 3 and selected it to be controlled by the ruckus, but every time I turn the hub 3 onto modem mode I lose all internet.

can anyone guide me in the right direction, to get it running correctly, as my kids are driving me mad 😂.

Regards,

K

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 with Ruckus AP

If your AP is not a combined AP/Router, you cannot use modem mode.  When the Hub is in Modem mode, there are no router functions available.  You will need to supply your own router if that is the case.

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried a different ethernet cable (in router mode)
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it's only an access point (as the name suggests) you will need to keep the Hub in router mode.

You'll also need to turn off the Hub's WiFi to avoid mutual interference, or use different channels and trust that your portable devices are able to switch automatically between the two in their different coverage areas.

0 Kudos
Monkeykeian
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions so far,

The Ruckus R510 does have a Gateway mode, would that help with the router side or would I still have to use a router?, when I originally had virgin with the hub 3, I remember I used it in modem mode connected to an Apple AirPort Extreme unit.

I still have that extreme unit, would I Benefit any connecting that to the the hub 3 in modem mode,  then to the AP? 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

FRom a quick look at the Ruckus site it's not clear to me what that means. You are probably best asking their support.

0 Kudos