cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 5 - Super Pain.

aird
On our wavelength

Hi folks, 

I appreciate that this won't get much attention due to the time on a bank holiday weekend but anyway. 

So recently I signed up for the Hub 5 thinking it was a general roll out and not a beta testing, I wouldn't have done it if I knew. As I don't have the time to be testing stuff.

Anyway for 2 days it's been nightmare. Nothing is connecting via wirless and if it does it disconnects about 5mins later.

My set up is:

2 phones connected via WiFi. Samsung galaxy s20 and Huawei p20 Pro. 

Firestick and nowtv - WiFi 

Desktop pc and ps4 connected through ethernet powerline adapters. Also a wireless powerline adapter, as the WiFi isn't great in the back room.

This worked flawlessly on hub4 but nothing now.

I've tried a laptop into the hub via ethernet but that doesn't even work to access the routers settings page.

Apologies for the mass of text but I'm just looking for some help before I see if I can send it back and go back to my old hub4.

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may well be better off asking for the hub 4 to be reactivated if you still have it.

Try a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub in the meantime. The pinhole of the hub 5 is apparently on the base. 

aird
On our wavelength

That seems to be the only option. Hub 3 is all set up again but looks to have been deactivated already.

Devices can connect to it but can't get any Internet. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi aird, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear of the issue you've had with the pod - upon checking our systems I can see you have been able to order one. Please keep us posted on how you get on with this. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

aird
On our wavelength

Hi Ryan,

Not sure what I've ordered tbh but I spoke with one of the phone support team and they reactivated my old hub. So I'm fully back up and running.

The person I spoke to also said that they have been experiencing problems with the hub 5 and reverted back.

Good to know it wasn't just incompetence on my side 😅

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aird,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. Glad to hear that you're back up and running with your previous Hub!

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know so we can assist further.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs