Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sudden Ethernet Loss - Superhub 3

Hi,

I’ve had my Superhub 3.0 set up for over a month, all has been working okay with WiFi and one dedicated Ethernet out to power line for a desktop, but today the router seems to not recognise any Ethernet connections, with the desktop connection being picked up on Windows as an unidentified network.

The hub doesn’t see any Ethernet devices connected however the yellow light is on at the input. I’ve tried all the solutions I could find on this forum as well as new Ethernet cables, direct and different power lines to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated, as I’m unable to use the primary desktop without Ethernet.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sudden Ethernet Loss - Superhub 3

Try a pinhole reset and see if that sorts it.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!). Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect all ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise.

Note that after this your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty (08.00 is the best time) or wait here for a VM tech which may be several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos