Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Street has virgin media but I can’t get it

Virgin media was installed in my street a couple of years ago and a postcode check says it available at my house but the engineers who came to install says the cables stop short of my house and cross the road. Is it possible to have this extended a few metres to have a connection to my property? There are no obstructions to stop it being continued down by my property. Ive seen spotters mentioned in a few threads and would like to know how to set that up to look into it for me? Nikki

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street has virgin media but I can’t get it

You have to weigh up the cost of putting a cable to your house versus the income from your contract.

If the road needs digging it will cost a lot of money to put the service to your property and that has to be recouped from just your contract.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The thing is the road doesn’t need dug up just the utilities channel that’s already on the pavement. The engineers already dug up a small portion of this last time and infilled it within 30 mins. Engineers just said they see it all the time that the line just stops for no reason but couldn’t offer any advice beyond that 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’m happy to take a look at this for you. I will send you a private message for some personal details.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos