Menu
barismercan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Street Cable Not Found

I had an appointment for home broadband installation today. Even though a guy came to property and checked the street area like a month ago, today the engineer told me there is no any cable on the street that he can get and get inside the house for internet connection. I believe it is called drop cable. They also said they need to search the cable on the street by do a drilling job, so they need approval from the council.

I am trying to understand how come all other flats have this required cable outside of their houses but I don’t. My upstairs neighbor using virgin as well, and he has cable, box and everything. Isn't it possible to use same cable or box? I am not sure about the process since there is a limited information provided by the engineer and customer service.

Anyone had same issues before, any recommendations?

Thanks.
Baris
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street Cable Not Found

Morning @barismercan

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues, I can appreciate this is not ideal. 

From looking at your account via your forum information I can see that there is a fair bit of work that needs to be carried out, mostly just laying cables. Each house is different and there are different cables for different houses. 

It may be that your neighbours have it laid, but that would not be connected to your house so you would need to lay a cable underneath that attaches to your house, this is also why we need permission from the council as it can sometimes be that we need to do some digging to lay the cable. 

I appreciate this isn't ideal but it does look like your services should be installed soon 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

barismercan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Sasha. I hope it will be installed soon.
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You're very welcome, please do keep us updated 🙂 

We hope so too. 

Have a fab day 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos