cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on router

CarrotParadox
Joining in

I've been waiting for 6 days for Yodel to deliver my router from Virgin. The wait is one thing, but I'm being charged for internet from the 06/12/22 and I'm yet to even use the service.

I've gotten in touch with Yodel, and they're just claiming that they have delays due to high demand; but I know someone working for Yodel that has claimed that all virgin packages are being stock piled and not being processed. 

I'm running out of data on my phone and paying for something I don't have. How can I resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You shouldnt start paying until the contract starts when the Hub is installed and activated and you connect to the network.

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and see if they can help

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

• Thanks for the reply John. Yeah, you'd think I wouldn't have to pay until installed, but my direct debit is set up, with payment dates set up, covering the specific dates of the contract start. My contract has started already. I should have had the router on the 6th, and that's when they're taking payment from. But I'll get in touch with them, as you've said, and get it sorted.

Hi @CarrotParadox,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having delays in your router delivery. We can understand this is not ideal. I can see you recently contacted the team who were able to advise that you won't be charged until activation. 

Please let us know if you need any further help and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs