Menu
worsley
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for a pre pull

Hi and good morning to everyone, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas with your family.

I signed up to Virgin on the 20/06/2020, we had to wait for construction work to be completed in order to get the services to my house. On the 22/12/2020 the dig was completed and the ducting was laid. The cable was not pulled when the construction work took place and I’m still waiting for this to happen.

I have a few questions, 

firstly is the pre pull a construction job or is it completed at part or the installation in the house?

secondly I’m being told the contractor has not sent confirmation to Virgin that it has been completed, is there anyway we can get this confirmation to them to allow us to move on with the installation? 

I'm hitting a wall with the construction team as there office is closed and it’s email only I get an email maybe every 2 days when I contact them so any help and advice anyone could offer would be a massive help. 

thank you.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for a pre pull

It goes like this. 

Attempt cable pull (can take a few weeks to arrange) 

If blockage found instruct construction team (can take upto 8 weeks to arrange) 

When construction team say they've finished go back to step 1

Therefore it can take multiple constructions in rare cases to get a cable to your property.

They are all non virgin teams and they don't work together. 

Once all that's done a virgin engineer will attempt to connect the new cable to your property. 

0 Kudos
worsley
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I know the duct up to the new section they have laid is clear of any blockages as they have already checked that. 

Is there anyway of finding out when it’s scheduled in? 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try the Pre-installation & Delivery team on 08000 521 734

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
worsley
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you for that, I will try them today 

0 Kudos
worsley
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Asking again

Hi and good morning to everyone, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas with your family.

I signed up to Virgin on the 20/06/2020, we had to wait for construction work to be completed in order to get the services to my house. On the 22/12/2020 the dig was completed and the ducting was laid. The cable was not pulled when the construction work took place and I’m still waiting for this to happen.

I have a few questions, 

firstly is the pre pull a construction job or is it completed at part or the installation in the house?

secondly I’m being told the contractor has not sent confirmation to Virgin that it has been completed, is there anyway we can get this confirmation to them to allow us to move on with the installation? 

I'm hitting a wall with the construction team as there office is closed and it’s email only I get an email maybe every 2 days when I contact them so any help and advice anyone could offer would be a massive help. 

thank you.

I've contacted the construction team and the pre install team and I can’t get anywhere or get any answers. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Asking again

This appears to be a duplicate of: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Still-waiting-for-a-pre-pull/m-p/4546755#...

So the same answers that appear there will appear here. 

Please let us know the outcome of your phone call. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello worsley

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for those details worsley,

I can see that you have been in touch today and the agent you spoken too, has already been in touch with the Construction Team. Who will be updating things in the next 24-48 hours 

Sadly right now this is the most we can do and wait to see what the next 48 hours brings 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update worsley

Glad that the Team have been in touch with you 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos