Menu
Bw87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still no services

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is well. 

I signed up to Virgin on the 20th on June, I was informed they would have to pull the cable from the cabinet to my house. This process has been going on since then, I have been speaking to a member of the forum team Zoie and she's been helping the best she can but unfortunately I'm still yet to get services in my house. 

I have spoken the the area manager who Zoie put me in touch with him, he told me it was a 100 meter pull to my house and the was also construction work which needed to happen, something to do with the ducting not being there from the original infostructure. He told me it might not even be financially viable for Virgin to complete the works. I have gone for the full package the top one so I stand a better chance of them going ahead with it. 

My neighbour has now signed up to the network so to me that's more of an incentive for Virgin to do the works needed to get us on the network. honestly I'm just getting a little inpatient now, I really want to be able to enjoy tv in my house and having no internet is killing me off, I can't seem to get any info from anyone as to what happening.

If someone could please help me out it would be massively appreciated.

Thanks    

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Still no services

The typical delay for this kind of work is 6 - 8 weeks as they typically have to apply to the council for a permit, and considering the current pandemic, this may take longer, so it could take up to 12 weeks. If the ducting simply isn't there then it may not be financially viable for just 2 houses. 

Once the 8 weeks are up I'd definitely be asking the area manager again whats going on though. 

0 Kudos
Bw87
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. So 6 to 8 weeks, any idea when the starting point of that would be I.e from the point of order? 

as for the Infrastructure that’d from when they originally laid the cable to the whole street so I would of thought this would need rectifying before it becomes a bigger problem. 
I guess it’s now a waiting game.

thanks again.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bw87, 

Thanks for using the forums to get your questions answered about your installation. 

You are correct, the waiting timescale of 6 - 8 weeks (in normal circumstances) starts at the point of sale when the sales agent books your install appointment into the system. Like Z92 stated though this could be increased due to the pandemic, if we are waiting for the relevant local authorities to get back to us, it is mainly out of our hands until they give us that permission. Which is frustrating for you and us!

If you want to ask any further questions you are definitely in the right place. We will continue to help, but with installs please be aware there is only so much we can do 😞

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Bw87
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, I completely understand. This is the first time I’ve heard anything about 6 to 8 weeks. Thank you for your helpful answer.

0 Kudos