Menu
MetParl
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Still no installation after moving house in December

In the exact same boat as you. Moved house in January and received awful customer service since then with lies, people hanging up and constantly being passed around. Partner works for a special needs school and we've had no internet at home since January. Latest install date is for March which I have zero faith in Virgin meeting.

Already kicked off a formal complaint and reported Virgin to the CMA. Plan to also contact BBC Watchdog and a few other journalists. They can't be allowed to get away with just blatantly stringing people along like this. Would have changed provider ages ago had I known instead of waiting around with this nonsense.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no installation after moving house in December

A delay like this very likely means that a problem has been found with running the new cable to your house. It would explain the delay while Virgin decide how to proceed, and they could even decide at the end that it's not economic for them to install your service - they have no legal obligation to do so.

To be honest, if there is already a phone line to your house you would be better off getting another service installed.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no installation after moving house in December

Hi MetParl, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with the delays of your installation, this is not the level of service we expect to deliver. 

I would be happy to take a closer look in to this for you but I will just need to confirm some further details. To do this, I have popped you over a private message and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos