Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still awaiting external work, set to go live on Tuesday.

Hello.

I recently signed up with VM and my service (TV, broadband and phone) is currently set to be installed and go live on Tuesday. However I received a text informing me that some external work needs to be carried out before hand which I was fine with but since then no work has been carried out with only days left until the installation date on which I believe that my current service runs out.

Naturally I am becoming quite concerned as my household is heavily reliant on an active internet connection.

Today I also received a text reminding me that my connection date is coming, asking if everything is ok. Unsure how to answer since I don't know how or if replying "NO" will complicate things.

Also of note is that in the appointments section of my account there is a "service request" listed that keeps getting changed to the date that I am logged currently in.

Thank you for reading this. Hopefully I can get some information.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still awaiting external work, set to go live on Tuesday.

Hello

The external work can be done upto and including the day of installation, it is quite normal for the date to change.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'll have to wait for the installation date then. Hopefully all goes smoothly ☺️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

However, I think that for your own peace of mind, you should consider contacting your current provider and negotiating an extension before it gets terminated just in case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And if you are so reliant on internet you should perhaps set up a mobile broadband service as a standby. They are some good deals available.  Remember Virgin Media is only a domestic service with no guarantee of continuous connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update that the work has just been carried out.

Thank you all for the replies and advice.

0 Kudos