Menu
ChristianJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spotter says I can’t have virgin but the neighbour in my semi-detached has it?

Cancelled my account when moving house because virgin sent a spotter and said my house isn’t serviceable. 

However speaking with the landlord apparently the neighbour in the I’m semi-detached has virgin so it might be a postcode error

If the other half of my semi-detached has virgin shouldn’t I be able to as well? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotter says I can’t have virgin but the neighbour in my semi-detached has it?

Hi, I have sent you a PM

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotter says I can’t have virgin but the neighbour in my semi-detached has it?

if s spotter said they would of been out to look at the house
0 Kudos
DuffDan08
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to piggyback on your message, but I'm having the same problem. We're looking to move however the Virgin postcode checker says that broadband isn't available at the address, while it is at the houses on the other side of the street. 

We need to find out if this is an error, or if it really isn't available for some strange reason, before deciding on moving here.

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful! 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are there other houses on your side with Virgin connections?   They won't dig up the road to put in just one connection - it isn't worth the cost. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If only one side of the street is cabled the issue is usually the lack of a service strip on that side of the road. These are usually roads with a footpath/pavement on one side only. The expense of digging a road is ten times more expensive than digging a footpath. Also with roads like this the cabinet capacity will only allow connections on the side of the road that is deemed serviceable.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos