cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotter Request

Cjharrison1
Joining in

Hi,

Is it possible to get a spotter arranged please?

When we first moved to our address we were told that it wouldn't be serviceable due to you having to dig the entire road up to install.

Next door have virgin media, have given consent to use their connection to feed into our property. We have ducts in place and the network is literally 11metres from our doorstep, 4metres from the end of our drive.

I don't believe you would need to dig the entire street up back to the cabinet at all.

I even asked your construction team when they came to install next door and they confirmed they could provide us with service.

Many thanks, Chris

5 REPLIES 5

Cjharrison1
Joining in

PXL_20220412_140520447.MP~2.jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cjharrison1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Thanks also for confirming a few further details there, with regard to this have you recently attempted to contact our Sales team?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Apologies for the delay, I thought I had replied. I have tried numerous times to contact the sales team, only to be told that service can not be provided. I have requested a spotter, who didn't come out to the premise, he just looked on Google earth and said that you would need to dig the entire street up to get back to the exchange to install one premise. I don't believe this at all.

I have seen other neighbours having this installed with out the need for digging the entire street and even spoken to the install guys (construction; not the guys who just pop a modem in and connect it up) and have been told that they could install to our property.

I have fed this all back to sales, who have said that they can't sell to our address as it's marked as unable to install on the system, and the whole process stops there.

Many thanks,

Chris

Hi @Cjharrison1, thanks for your reply again to us.

Okay thanks for the additional informtion - I want to obtain a few further details from you if possible please, and ask our AFM's (Area Field Managers) to take a look at this to see if the information we've provided over the phones from Sales is correct or not.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cjharrison1 

Thanks for your original post querying receiving our services. 

May I just ask please if you had managed to get this resolved or if you still require our assistance on the matter?

Many thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more