Menu
andrew987
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Speaking to the connections team

I was due to have Virgin installed weeks ago but various installation dates have been missed.

I currently have an engineer appointment that gets cancelled and rescheduled daily (at midnight each day the appointment moves to the next day).

Telephone support has been incompetent at best with no explanation as to why this is happening and what impact it might have on the latest installation date so it has been suggested that I speak to the connections team. So far as to do this I need to first of all speak to the general helpline who will then put me through to the installation team who will then put me through to the connections team. These steps take about 45 minutes each time and, so far, I haven't actually managed to speak to the connections team as I've either been put through to them when they are closed or I've just been hung up on rather than the call transferred at the final step. I've also been promised that they would call me back a few times but that has never happened.

Is there a way to speak directly to the connections team or should I just accept that if the customer service is so bad now I'd be better looking elsewhere.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speaking to the connections team

Hi andrew97,

You can contact the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
andrew987
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response. This is the number I have been dialling. Possibly I'm selecting the wrong option (although some of the options just cause the call to be ended so there isn't much choice) but it doesn't put me through to the pre-installation and delivery team but just to the general team who have to transfer me to them.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI Andrew,

Hopefully this helps if dialling through the usual advertised VM  number

150 from a  Virgin landline or  0345 454 1111 from any other phone you need to follow the following sequence to get through to the right team

Option 1 for TV, Broadband and Phone, 

Check are you calling from the phone on your account, 1 yes 2 no  

Option 3 - New accounts and set up

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
andrew987
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. I can speak to the general and pre-install team but they have been useless so far. As I said, my issue is these steps take about 45 minutes each time and, so far, I haven't actually managed to speak to the connections team as I've either been put through to them when they are closed or I've just been hung up on rather than the call transferred at the final step.

I have spent hours and hours on the phone to Virgin in the past month and a half and I really don't have the will or the time to spend another 45 minutes on the phone on the slim chance someone may actually direct me to the correct department.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Andrew987,

I can see from your remarks how frustrating this is.

It's understandable that you want answers to the continued delays.

It's possible that VM have found a blockage and are waiting for permission to dig up the road, but that's just one of many scenarios.

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you and gather more information as to the delay.

Good luck and stay safe.

Dave

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi andrew987

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed install. From checking this, this is due to construction work with the install being next week.

Please let us know how the install goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
andrew987
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response.

I understand that my first installation date of 22 August was cancelled due to engineering work that needed to be done. However this was done on 27 August and the engineer told me it simply needed the final installation.

This was due to happen on 1 September but was cancelled with no explanation (despite repeated calls) and postponed to 14 September.

No further installation work has taken place after 27 August. There has also been another engineer's appointment that has been cancelled every day from 1 to 11 September but no one has been able to explain what this is or whether it not happening will delay the final installation.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The construction work should be taking place today with the install due next week.

Please let me know how today goes, as I'm in over the weekend, I can chase the field team up

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
andrew987
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. So far as I'm aware no work took place today (11th September) and the schedule has been postponed once again to the next day, 12th September in this case (as it has every day this month).

0 Kudos