Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Somethings gone wrong with my Broadband

Normally have a rock Solid connection to my VM broadband, now seems to be having problems resolving some web pages especially the virginmedia.com it takes ages to reslovebad.JPG

speed.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Somethings gone wrong with my Broadband

Looks as if VM are up to something.

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number. After all, if customers don’t report faults, VM don’t know about them.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I've used there toll the check my Broadband it says there's nothing wrong! the Status page says all is ok

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Reboot your Hub.

Then

Put a link to your Live BQM on here.

Then

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Will dodownstream.JPGnetwork log.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@bobgarb wrote:

I've used there toll the check my Broadband it says there's nothing wrong! the Status page says all is ok

.... and what did they say when....

...there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number. After all, if customers don’t report faults, VM don’t know about them."

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I think it might be a fault with the old SH1 I have, my next door neighbor recently had his SH1 to a SH3 he's getting 110 meg download 10 meg upload this is what I usually get, what times are VM open to for faults

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,4 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that they think that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that (except for a small delivery charge) - come back here. Also it should NOT start you a new contract – don’t accept that if they try.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Why not report as a fault, SH1 would be replaced without incuring any change in contract!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for help, got up this morning and things seems to be improving on it's own!improving.JPG                              So I'll monitor it for now

0 Kudos