Menu
Danny1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Someone has tampered with the brown box

Hello,

Someone has tamped with the brown box outside my house.

• The wires have been messed around with.
  • There was some type of splitter that has now gone.
  • The box is broken and wont close now.
  • There was some type of oil left there so someone was using something and we had to clean it up.
  • The telephone wires are messed up and now off the wall.
  • We have been having telephone issues with the line also 
  • Last night there were issues connecting to the internet also.

We've been having issues with Virgin Media and now this.

No help has come from virgin media due to out previous complaints over the last two weeks and now this. Especially, as group pretending to be Virgin Media that was very convincing, tried to hack us.
We need an engineer to sort this out and but I believe, once again, we won't get any help.

Feeling very neglected and in need of help. We really need an enginner to look at his and do it whilst we're there so we know.

Danny1000

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone has tampered with the brown box

Hi Danny1000,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the situation, I've not been able to locate any account details for you,

Can you please pop me over a private message with your name and address, including post code, and a picture of the box if possible 🙂

Thank you,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danny1000,

Thanks for your PM to Alex, she won't be on shift for a few days so I'll be happy to look into this for you from here. I'm afraid I was unable to open the images you included in your messages are they are block on our end for some reason. Are you able to attach the image to your post here? That should work.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Danny1000
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Rather Inbox that put images on of the house. After our phone lines haven't been working properly - which we received zero help from Virgin - we had an attempted break in yesterday.. Trying to put attachments in inbox but isn't working for me. I've sent you an inbox message

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danny1000,

Thanks for your PM with the attached images, however I'm afraid that they are still blocked on our end for some reason. The images aren't required for us to be able to report the box, so I'll get the cabinet reported without them 🙂

I'm terribly sorry to hear you had an attempted break in on Monday, I do hope all is well now. Can you please confirm if you are still having trouble with your landline service? If you're still experiencing problems please do let us know and we can do our best to help from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Danny1000
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Problems still persist with the telephone. I thought this would be quicker but still it hasn't. I am going to send the images again, using a different site,

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danny1000,

Not to worry - the cabinet has been reported now for you, and I have arranged an engineer to call round at the property to take a look at the phone line. To be honest, it's likely that the landline fault is a result of the tampered with cabinet. 

Please sign into your My Virgin Media account and head over to 'my orders and appointments' to view your appointment time slot. It can also be rescheduled from there if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
Danny1000
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Beth, as much as you have that verified logo next to your name, we haven't been able to access our Virgin account because of the fraud attacks. We cannot get into the my virgin account and we hardly use it. As our safety has been compromised, with very little help from virgin in the last month or so, how can we get into the account? How can we verify the engineer in genuine? Unless we can do these things, we will not be allowing anyone into our home. 

When you say tampered cabinet? Do you mean the box attached to our home or the boxes on the roadside?

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danny1000,

I do apologise, it looks like Beth may have misunderstood which equipment has been tampered with so I believe she's referring to the large green cabinet in the street. However, she has also scheduled an engineer visit as advised, so they will be able to take a look at your connections and work towards a resolution with you.

I'm going to send you a private message to confirm a few details so we can discuss this further. Please head back to your inbox to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos