cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So this just happened....

mjh17474
On our wavelength

So I posted on here the other week as I'd had a VM leaflet through the door saying that they were coming to my area. My estate is roughly 20 years old and from what I understood the infrastructure was never in place. Recently the VM checker said that it would be coming to my area soon... bit bizarre.

Anyway, someone just knocked at the door in a VM coat with identity badge and asked if I wanted VM services. I said yes but questioned about the cabling and he said it was already in place from the estate being built and just needed pulling from the roadside to my door. Strangely he only offered me broadband and asked what I already had. He then asked for my card details and said it would be fitted by March 18th. It was all a bit suss! Obviously I was reluctant to give him my card details as he could have been anyone posing as a VM agent. After he'd gone, I went to the online checker and it does now say "Great news, you can now get Virgin Media".

Does this sound dodgy or is this how VM work??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM do use door to door sales bods.  Occasional reports of poor practice appear, if they call again and you want to sign up make sure the terms of the deal are written down and signed.  Be aware that promises of connection dates, even in writing, by text or email cannot be relied upon.  Even phoning a day ahead to confirm the appointment and gets a 100% assurance of the appointment is not trustworthy.  Some connection dates are met first time, a few people have had repeated delays adding up to months. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM do use door to door sales bods.  Occasional reports of poor practice appear, if they call again and you want to sign up make sure the terms of the deal are written down and signed.  Be aware that promises of connection dates, even in writing, by text or email cannot be relied upon.  Even phoning a day ahead to confirm the appointment and gets a 100% assurance of the appointment is not trustworthy.  Some connection dates are met first time, a few people have had repeated delays adding up to months. 

mjh17474
On our wavelength

Thanks for the response Andrew, I did actually go ahead with it and have been given a date. After reading these forums I have taken it with a pinch of salt for now!