Menu
Windlepoon
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So frustrated

So here goes { i hope this is in the right section }

Got a letter from Virgin the other day saying my internet price is going up yet again..

Funny how it never goes up for new customers but us people that have been with them years it seems to go up every year..

Anyway since i am unable talk on the phone {medical issue} i sent them a message online about maybe doing something like downgrading my package, as i am on a fixed disability pension and can't now afford the package i am on.

In the message i sent i clearly stated that i can't talk on the phone so when they reply to my message if they could reply by email that would be great.

So what happens. i get 2 missed calls from the generic 0345  virgin media number with no message left as to who called what department name etc nothing.. so totally useless..

This was all on the 11th of July.. It is now the 5th of August and still nothing from them. I guess they think that ignoring a request to contact by email only and just phoning up counts as case closed..

I just want to downgrade my package.. preserve some internet access and carry on.. why the hell do they have to make it so difficult..

Any thoughts from the community here as to where i go from here would be appreciated.. I don't want to go through the trouble of finding another ISP as i have been with VM more than 8 years now and looking for another is just too much hassle.

I just want to downgrade..

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: So frustrated

i don't believe you can do anything via email.
is there a virgin store locally that you are able to visit?
0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the VM staff for the forum will pick this up and resolve, but if not then you should use VM's written complaints process, at the address on page 2 of the official complaints process.  Avoid the VM "chat" service - in an ideal world that would be a good option, but VM's chat service has poor availability and reputation for service that is even more diabolical than VM's offshore call centres.

I appreciate that you don't want the hassle of picking a new ISP, but VM are always difficult to deal with, and for years have ramped up prices, so it might be worth looking for a new ISP.  My disabled parents recently moved house, and I had them sign up with Zen Internet who were very helpful with getting things sorted, and although you will get price rises with all suppliers, Zen don't do this monstrous "inflation plus a lot" annual rises that VM regularly serve up*.  Zen also do discounted internet if you don't need a phone line, and you can contact their sales and tech support teams by email.

* In fact Zen promise that as long as you stay with them they'll never put your price up.  I take that with a pinch of salt, because it seems commercially difficult, but I would expect that they'd abide by it for a reasonable number of years.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Windlepoon

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. We do appreciate that a price increase is never welcome and we do try to keep our as low and competitive as possible.

We understand that you would like to reduce your package and get the best possible deal we can offer you at this current time as an existing customer.

Our retention team will gladly be able to help you do this as they can see what current offers are available to you.

We understand that you are not able to call us so we would recommend asking a friend or family member to call on your behalf as long as you give them permission and they can pass security we can get the changes made for you

You can call our team on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1.They will run through all available options for you and make the necessary changes if required.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Windlepoon
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With all respect..

I have tried that. and sat in a menu for 30 minutes listening to god awful music..

Only to be transfered to an offshore call centre and a woman with such a strong accent neither me or my friend calling could understand a word she was saying.

Spent another frustrating 10 minutes on this call being shouted at by this woman because we could not understand her and had to keep asking her to repeat things.

All i want is a simple downgrade, it's not rocket science, i shouldn't have to jump through hoops or sit on a phone with a friend for 30 minutes or more. why can't it all just be done online.. Like many many other company's allow you to do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Windlepoon

We do understand the inconvenience and frustration caused, however you would need to speak to the team about downgrading your current package.

We do not have the same deals as our retention's team. Our team would be able to check what best offers and deals are available at this current time for you.

You cannot do downgrade through our online Virgin Media account as we do not offer this facility.

You will need to contact our team to get this arranged and downgraded for you.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos