Menu
rokeeffe
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds after installation

Hi all,

My engineer just left after installing the hub. He said that I was getting 110Mb/s and all working on his tests but I am only gett 1.5Mb/s either wireless or wired. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds after installation

Which Hub is it ?

Which lights are illuminated / flashing on the Hub ?

What device are you using to test Wi-Fi speeds ?

What device are you using to test ethernet cable connected speeds ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
rokeeffe
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Quicket than the VM customer support! Yellow/white light is on the front. Tested on 2 laptops via wireless and wired. Same results for both.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A yellow base light is an indication of a local outage in your area.

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
rokeeffe
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No service issues in my area. Got in touch with customer support and they are sending the installation engineer back as something is not right,

Thanks.

0 Kudos