Menu
karmic1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo Box - can someone please help?

I’ve called VM 6 times and been on hold for over an hour at a time and never managed to get through, so this is my last shot!

our second box (in the bedroom) is so painfully slow I can’t use it. I have switched my tv to freeview.

can someone from virgin please let me know if it’s possible to get the box replaced?

thank you

david

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo Box - can someone please help?

Can you confirm it is the Tivo and not the V6 ?

tivo-v6

The Tivo had problems with slowing down that a full reset would clear.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
karmic1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, our main box is a V6 and is fine. Second box is TiVo and it’s that one that appears not to be working properly 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try a full reset.

You will lose all stored programmes and links and it will take a long time.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
karmic1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

i already tried that - the hard drive is currently still  empty too as my initial thoughts were that it may have been due to there being a lot of recordings, so I had already cleared it before I did the reset.

VM offered me a replacement V6 box previously for upstairs. Wish I’d just taken it now!

i was hoping someone might contact me, but it’s obviously a skeleton staff and they will he run off their feet.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The quickest way to contact is phone.

You can contact VM to report your problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

0 Kudos
karmic1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Mike, I’ll try the text number. I’ve been on hold for 5 hours this week to the 0345 number, so had enough of that! Will try text - thank you

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi karmic1

Thanks for posting and apologies for the TV issue. 

I'll be happy to sort this for you via PM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM karmic1, 

Just to update the thread, the replacement box was ordered

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos