Menu
Manty64
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds - 1gig servce, Hub4 modem mode connected to Nighthawk X6 R8000

Hi all,

I had the 1gig server installed (self install) on Sunday just gone. Took an age to get teh Hub4 to activate but eventually the service came on after 5 hours. First thing I did was test the speeds on the hub 4 (circa 450mbs) and then put it in model mode an connected to my Nighthawk X6 R8000.

Testing connection in the router I was still receiving the same circa 450mbs to my route. a quick call to Virgin and I was informed they would resend some provisioning codes and my speeds would come up over the next 48 hours. Needless to say they haven't.

I have checked speeds morning, lunch and evening and have seen speeds as low as 120mbs and the max of around 520mbs. Clearly this is well below the max speed of the service I am paying for and is consistently below the minimum service speed of my contract.

Has anyone else experienced these problems? Any suggestions as to how to progress other than speak again with Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds - 1gig servce, Hub4 modem mode connected to Nighthawk X6 R8000

Oops, response in the wrong thread, sorry!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
scotteden
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

did you get this sorted as i have the same problem with the same router 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @scotteden

Thanks for posting on the community forum and my apologies for the issues experienced!

I can see a short term signal level issue with your hub, could you give it a quick reboot so I can see how the signal levels look after this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
scotteden
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I have booted the hub4 a few times, but I'm experiencing very slow speeds. It was fine on hub4 500mb.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @scotteden

Looked into this again and the signal levels still remain an issue, i've booked a tech in for you to have this looked into further, you can view the slot via your online account where this can also be rescheduled. 

Our tech will be able to look further into this and also be able determine where the fault is coming from at a hands on perspective.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

scotteden
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks.

I got a text to say a engineer will be here between 12 - 4pm Today,  its now 16:30 still no engineer.

Spent two hours on the phone trying to get through to anyone and got cut of twice. I really give up. internet still dropping out and fluctuating!

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello scotteden

Apologies for the delays in the technician arriving, I can see from your account you have spoken to the team since posting and been given a new appointment time.

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

Rob

0 Kudos