Menu
Mulett
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow Navigation on Tivo Boxes

HI there. 

On both our Tivo boxes, it takes a long time to navigate around the menus. Whenever I click back or forward there is a delay. Both are very slow.

It is also slow when I try to use any of the apps, especially BBC iPlayer - it can take about thee minutes between starting the app and actually starting the episode we want to watch. Its the same if we ever try to use the YouTube app. 

We visited a friend recently who has a Sky box and I was surprised by the speed they can whizz through their menus and access iPlayer and recordings. I just wondered if Virgin Tivo boxes were slower, generally, or if there is an issue with either our boxes or our connection.

Many thanks, Paul

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Navigation on Tivo Boxes

Hello

Which box do you have as there are two that run the Tivo software

1. V6

Arris-DCX960-V6-V-Media-Box.jpg

2. Tivo

my-vm-virgin-tv-tivo-box.png

If it number 2 then that box is very slow when navigating the menus.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try turning them off for 5 minutes and then trying again.

If that doesn't work the failsafe method is to totally reset the Tivos.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Mulett
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I’ll give it a go. Would a full reset delete our recordings? 

0 Kudos
Mulett
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it’s the second one. What is the first one, the V6? 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The first one being a V6 is the fastest but it requires a VM broadband connection as it doesn't have a built in modem like the previous Tivo, the reason for the V6 requiring broadband  is to get all the VOD, EPG, and the internet.

If you have VM broadband then you can upgrade but will be at cost and you would need to speak to CS to process this.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos