Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Q with Superhub 4 wifi connection constantly dropping

Hi Folks. Hope someone can help with this issue I am having. Since receiving the hub 4 my Sky Q box will not keep the wifi connection at all. It will initially say it is connected after entering the password but within a few minutes it drops and I receive the error message on screen to confirm this has happened.

I have searched through the community forum to seek a solution and one suggestion was separating the wifi connection into 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. I tried this but the Sky Q box still disconnects. 

I tried calling Virgin Media but found it impossible to speak to anyone directly about this issue. An ethernet connection is out of the question as the hub 4 is upstairs and the Sky Q box is downstairs. 

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? Oh and I tried contacting Sky but all I got from that call was a text message to look at their help pages!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Q with Superhub 4 wifi connection constantly dropping

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No I have not tried that although did have one many years ago but it was very slow. Plus I have seen other posts where a powerline adaptor did not resolve the issue with Sky Q. Thanks for your suggestion though. Really need to hear from someone with the same issue as myself and found a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rick32

Thanks for posting and apologies for the broadband issues. I've had a check on the system today and can see all the upstream and downstream channels are out of spec.

It needs a technician to come round and fix this.

I'll PM you the date now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos