cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Six Months(!) of Constant Delays and Broken Promises - Absolutely Shocking Service

meme32
Joining in

Dear Virgin Media Community,

I'm reaching out with the hope that my problem will finally find a resolution. I am honestly at my wits' end. This is not a rant, but a plea from a frustrated customer who has waited for six long months, dealing with continuous postponements and broken promises.

Here's a brief timeline of my ordeal:

• I signed up for the fibre optic broadband service in December 2022, ready to enjoy the high-speed connection I was promised.
  • Since then, it's been a never-ending saga of technician appointments that keep getting postponed. My calendar is like a game of musical chairs, with dates moving around relentlessly.
  • Now, six months later, I am still without the promised service. My line is as dead as it was in December.

Each time a technician date is booked, I dutifully clear my schedule, often taking a day off work, only to find the appointment rescheduled again and again. The last time, I didn't even bother to clear my day. Guess what? The date moved, yet again.

This is not only about the absence of the promised service, it's about the money I've spent for a connection that doesn't exist and the time I've wasted waiting for phantom technicians.

And what's been the worst part? The customer service. I've spoken to numerous reps who, unfortunately, seem as lost as I am about this situation. I've been promised call backs thrice, none of which materialised. Today, I finally asked to speak with a manager, assured a call back this very evening. It's 11pm, and my phone has remained disturbingly silent.

My question is, how does one get heard in this company? How does one break the endless cycle of shifted dates and false promises?

I hope this message doesn't get lost in the ether, like my previous attempts to communicate. My patience is wearing thin, and all I ask is for what was promised: A working fibre optic broadband connection.

Thank you for your time and understanding

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Well there's good news and bad news. 

The good news is that you are entitled to compensation for the delays and missed appointments. 

The bad news is that there is absolutely nothing you can do to speed this up. Virginmedia and their contractors will get round to you when they decide to do it. Waiting for phone calls is a waste of time. You may get a "reaching out" message from staff on here but they have no authority to change anything.

Good luck! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for your response. It's refreshing to have someone acknowledge the situation, even if not from the Virgin team!

As for your bad news, I must say it's disheartening to realise that there's little I can do to speed things up. You'd think in a customer-driven business, the emphasis would be on keeping customers happy and delivering on promises. But it seems to me like my time and patience aren't valued at all.

Waiting for calls, and indeed, messages from staff here, is all I've been doing. I suppose you're right that this is, more or less, a waste of time.

I hope that Virgin Media and their contractors realise soon that treating customers this way is unsustainable in the long run. We pay for a service and expect it to be delivered, and when that doesn't happen, we deserve at least a clear and honest communication about what's going wrong and what is being done to fix it.

meme32
Joining in

Still waiting for a reply from Virgin support here - seriously?!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Replies on here from VM can take up to 2 or 3 days. Bumping your topic may actually have the reverse effect as topics are answered in order.

As advised by jpeg1 though, any response you get on here is unlikely to change anything ref the timescale of your installation.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @meme32,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your install and that your appointment has been rescheduled multiple times already!

This is definitely not the service we aim to provide for our customers and I do apologise that this happened. 

Have you been in touch with our Pre-Install team on 08000521734 to discuss why your install has been delayed so much?

Have you been able to raise a complaint for this issue to be investigated further? If so, have you heard back from the team?

Please let us know so that we can assist further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

Thank you for your response and for acknowledging the issues I'm experiencing.

Yes, I have been in touch with your Pre-Install team multiple times, and each time, I've received the same non-committal responses that things will be resolved "soon" on some random future date. This date is then moved again and again and again.

However, I'm yet to understand the root cause of these multiple delays.

As for raising a complaint, that's exactly what I was trying to do by speaking to a manager - the customer service rep then promised a call back that never materialised. That's what led me to post here in the community forums.

I'm looking for a tangible solution. What I need is a committed installation date and a surety that it won't be rescheduled again.

I'd appreciate it if we could escalate this issue and address it with the urgency and gravity it deserves. Thank you.

I'd like to take a closer look into this @meme32 so will pop you a PM now 📩

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs