Menu
BaleKaneSon1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Site Survey - Help?

I have an external works survey booked for the 29th September and an install due the day after on the 30th.

I have been assured by VM that no external works will take place on the 29th September and that the external works and internal installation will take place on the 30th September.

The problem I have is that I am unable to be at home on the 29th September and really do not want the brown external duct thing where the cable comes in to my home placed on the front of my property for a couple of reasons that I won't bore you with.

I want the brown cable duct plate to be placed on the side of my home.

My concern is that on the 29th September on the survey day they will just lay the cable and install the cable duct on the front of my property without my permission.

Can anyone advise what normal procedure is please? Do they normally install the cable and brown duct plate prior to the internal engineer appointment or am I worrying unnecessarily?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Site Survey - Help?

Hello

The External team will only pull the cable to the premises from the street cabinet to the access point on the path at the front of the house and then to your house and leave the cable coiled up for the internal engineer to do the rest of the work.

This will always be done by the most direct route, you have already given permission for the install the external techs can only do what they have been told, if you require the box / cable elsewhere then I am afraid somebody over the age of 18 will need to be in the house to inform them where you want it  installed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos