cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sinking feeling about today's new hub delivery

ahrbee
Fibre optic

I received an e-mail from VM on Tuesday, confirmed by a text, stating that I would receive a new hub today. This was confirmed by phone when speaking to VM on 150. The text stated I would receive an e-mail from Yodel giving me estimated time of arrival today. I have heard nothing. 

I have arranged my day to be at home for this delivery but I am beginning to think it may not happen. Usually, Yodel say when it receives goods for delivery and provides tracking information, prior to an e-mail giving a timed delivery slot. I have received nothing. Other e-mails on this account are still arriving, if unevenly sometimes, despite VM's ongoing e-mail problems.

7 REPLIES 7

ahrbee
Fibre optic

I have discovered from 150 that the order was cancelled! It was not cancelled by me and no notification was sent to me that the order was cancelled. Only two days ago when I renewed my contract with 150, it was confirmed!!!

Now, it has been re-ordered for Tuesday. It may be Independence Day. If it does not arrive, I still have time to cancel my contract, stay flexible and go elsewhere. 

Get a grip VM. The clock is ticking.

ahrbee
Fibre optic

I finally received my new hub. A few days afterwards, without telling me, VM activated the new hub so my existing hub stopped working. So, I had to investigate this failure before being told what VM had done. It was a very inconvenient moment to learn that I would be without broadband until I installed my new hub.

It is now working; but the hub did not arrive with a new cable or adapter for my land line. I have ordered them so I hope they will arrive soon. My existing land line connection gets turned off in a couple of weeks time.

So, a couple of tips. If you receive a new hub, install it right away. Also, after you have hooked up your devices to your new wifi network, get the devices to forget the old network and/or remove them from your network preference list. Otherwise, next time you try to use wifi with your device, it may try to connect with your old network - which, of course, it cannot. If you new network is your only preference, it should work fine.

Also, if you have a wifi extender (I have a TP LINK), you may need to reset it to factory settings and then go through the wi-fi connection procedure as previously. I did this to clear the old wifi network and connect with the new one.

I am not an expert. I just hope this may be useful to any one else fumbling his/her/their way through the tech jungle.

Hi @ahrbee 

Glad to hear everything is all up and running for you and thank you for taking the time to write back to the community with your experience. 

I'm sorry to hear that you were not informed of the need to install your new router, after a new router is delivered via quick start, once we have had word that the it was successfully delivered, there is an automatic activation, so it is important and should have been advised to set up your new router on the day it does arrive. 

My apologies also that you did not receive the needed equipment such as the adapter to complete your home phone switch over. Please do keep us updated if you have not received these or have any further issues at all after ordering them. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

ahrbee
Fibre optic

I have another question: How much is a VM wifi pod? These can extend and boost the wifi network in the home. I have my own TP LINK extender but I wanted to know how much the VM version costs. I could find nothing about cost on the VM website or in my account.

@ahrbee Depending on your package, our WiFi pods are £8 a month extra, but pods are included for free with 1Gig and Volt packages.

You can find out more about our WiFi pods and WiFi Max here

Here to help 🙂
Carley

ahrbee
Fibre optic

Thank you. I have a Volt package so I will look into wifi pods if our extender fails or no longer suffices.

You're welcome @ahrbee 

Keep us updated with how you get on. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley