cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up

Stephen93
Up to speed

Just signed up to an 18 month brand new contract on 6/10/23 for Broadband & Stream, never had Virgin before cables laid a few months ago, had the email last Sunday 1/10/23 to say Virgin Media Services are now available on my street, had a text the next day from Virgin to say they need to do some work outside prior to installation, is this the same as the technician who installs the Broadband & do they connect a cable from the puck to the house, is it called pre-pulling?

thanks, Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Delays are quite normal. Read this forum to learn more.  Don't cancel your existing service until VM is working.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Stephen93 

Thanks for posting, welcome to the team and also back to the community.

Sorry to hear of any install delay.

I'll drop you a PM now to advise further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, my installation hasn't been delayed (yet) it was me only saying it when answering the post,

it's due on the 20/10/23, work has to be done outside first, ie a pre-pull from the cabinet (which isn't far from me) to the tee outside.

Saw a Virgin Media van outside yesterday & a Svella van at the cabinet but didn't do anything at my property, as far as I could see.

Thanks for coming back to us Stephen93 and I hope that you don't suffer any delays with your install. Please do keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L

Received this from VM tonight, looks like my installation is delayed until 8/11/23

Hello, 

We’re really sorry, but it looks like there’s been a delay with your installation. Our team’s working hard to get you up and running as soon as possible.

For some installations we’ll need to check we have all the permissions or permits needed to complete our work. (No permissions needed only mine as the tee is at the edge of my lawn)

If we need to reschedule your appointment, we’ll send the details of your new slot through separately. Remember, someone over 18 will need to be home for us to install your services.

Once the installation’s complete, you may be eligible for a bill credit as part of Virgin Media's automatic compensation scheme. We’ll update you on this after the installation is sorted.

If you’d like to know more about this scheme and whether you’re eligible, head here

good job I haven’t cancelled Sky

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Delays are quite normal. Read this forum to learn more.  Don't cancel your existing service until VM is working.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I haven’t & wont cancel Sky until I’m totally happy, I’ve read a lot of posts on here about delays so was expecting it, can’t see what the delay is though the tee is at the edge of my lawn, I did see a couple of days a go Vroom VM van with (boost your horizons & VM business on the side of the van) & a Svella pick-up outside, didn’t do anything just stood around the cabinet just up the road, wonder if that has anything to do with the delay

Stephen93
Up to speed

Very weird, today Svella pulled a cable to a properly opposite me & put a Virgin box on the side of the house using the same cabinet as the one we’re connected to, why can they do that property & not mine?, very strange, also received a call from 0345 454 1111 but couldn’t get to the phone quick enough 

Stephen93
Up to speed

Apparently my delay is due to what’s called a ‘hard dig’. Means they need a machine to dig through concrete to do the pre-pull, it’s not as straightforward as first thought.

The tee is next to my lawn n the pavement, there is a small concrete border around my lawn that wouldn’t be hard to get through (they done a pre-pull further up the road, same configuration as mine) around my bungalow is a path, I wonder if that is what they mean?

Then I get a call from VM confirming my install for the 8/11/23 & do I agree to it, I said yes, let’s see what happens, I don’t hold out much hope for this to be done, we’ll see

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened @Stephen93 and thank you for popping back to us. 

Please do let us know how things go with the appointment after the 8th and thanks again for updating.