cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for VM, couldn’t install first day?? External work?

infusion
Joining in

Hey everyone,

I recently signed up to VM as I was not happy with my other provider and an engineer visited my property yesterday on the 19th however was not able to do anything and said it was a “2 man job”, I contacted VM where they requested me to give details on the outside boundary of my house. I have a brick driveway that was recently done, I believe they will need to pull the cables from the fibre cabinet to my house. 

I have two concerns, my first concern being will they ruin my new driveway by installing this? How would they install this, would they lift the bricks of my drive and lay down the wire to the outside wall of my house? If that’s the case, am I able to request the positioning of the cable as I’ve seen online how they choose the most “quickest route” for them to install and they look awful…

I’ve also seen a lot of posts in the past regarding how other VM customers have not had their internet installed for months because the engineers keep rescheduling?

4 REPLIES 4

Buffer6
Legend

When people have no driveway, they have to go across the garden

I believe you misunderstood what I said, I do have a brick driveway that I recently had done up but I don’t want the engineers to ruin it, will they lay the cables underneath the bricks of the drive and if so can I advise them how I want it done?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Infusion, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

We would love to help you with this and get the answers to all of your concerns. 

I can see my colleague has invited you in to a private chat to discuss this matter further so we will continue to assist you from there 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM's installers will normally avoid listing brick paving because it's difficult to reinstate it properly after laying the cable.

If there is lawn or garden at the side they will usually take that route, otherwise they will run the cable along the party fence or wall.  It's best if you can be there when they install so you can check what is done, but the dates they give you are unreliable.

However unhappy you may be with your present provider, do not cancel it until your VM connection is working, or you could be left without broadband.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.