Menu
TammyJSheard
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Should an engineer just move in?!?

Hub 3 went down Fri, no internet connection or on demand on either of my 2 V6 boxes. Understandably as no internet. Tech came out, messed around with connection box inside, outside and the main street box apparently, he supposedly fitted a booster but didnt. Now both V6 boxes are pixellating, disconnecting from on demand etc, devices connecting to hub are constantly dropping whether Wi-Fi or ethernet, my kids are saying there's huge spikes and extreme lag. I've looked on hub ip  settings and it's got critical, warnings, errors and notices. I've done a connection test on my V6 in living room and it's saying 6 TCP ports need opening on router. I've now to wait for another engineer to come out to sort this out. Next Monday! I've had 4 engineers out since 13th Nov. Faults agent did hard reset of hub on phone which hasn't worked. Do I seriously have to go through Xmas with yet more faults? With a son with special needs and aggressive behaviour? Is there anything at all that could work even temporarily?  

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should an engineer just move in?!?

You could tether to a 4G sim card whilst waiting for the engineer? 

0 Kudos
TammyJSheard
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We only have pay as you go sims and with 3 Xbox ones, 2 v6 boxes, phones and PC it would cost a fortune plus that doesn't help with the picture on either v6 box which wasn't a problem till the guy messed with connections. I had no issues at all with the signal since having all equipment replaced on the 13/11/20. When the hub went down on Friday the v6 was still perfect barring on demand. Now it's having 10mins of pixels/jumping/lag then ok for 15-30 mins then repeat. It coincides with the network log on hub settings so if I disconnect v6 from hub would that sort picture out? I know on demand wouldn't work at all but that's taking about 2 hours to watch a 45 min show as it keeps dropping.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry about the ongoing issues you're having TammyJSheard and understand the frustration that it hasn't been fixed yet. I've had a look at your details using the information we have on here and can see that an engineer has been arranged for the soonest available date. Due to the multiple visits you've had, it's been staged for a longer visit so the engineer has more time to check everything again. I'm sorry for the multiple visits but please keep us updated with the visit.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
TammyJSheard
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had engineer 1 to replace faulty equipment. Engineer 2 to install additional v6 box but installed 360 instead. Engineer 2 again to actually install correct box. Engineer 3 to fix hub fault, caused by the update, he's actually made it worse. And now I can't watch TV plus internet that drops constantly. I've had that many problems that I'm on a discounted package and that much credit on my account I don't have to pay anything until my Feb bill. I really wish I hadn't bothered with a new contract. Frustrated doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I completely understand and it is disappointing to hear. This engineer will have more time and will be able to see the previous engineer notes on their system. If he cannot fix it, he will speak to the Networks and Area Field Manager for an even deeper investigation.

Fingers crossed he'll be able to finally resolve it but do keep us updated.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos