Menu
steveroebuck
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Short notice of install cancellation

HI All

I placed an orderr for a Virgin Media Business service on 16th April (350/20) contracts signed payments setup etc.

I received an install date of 4th May 2021, all well and good. As this is a business service I started to prepare for the installation, running new cables, adding additional networking kit (at cost) and cancelling my existing service (cease due on the 4th). 

I hear nothing from Virgin righ up until 18:51 on 3/4 so effectively giving me ZERO working days notice of the cancellation, also outside of office hours so I cannot now call them.

The cancellation is due to "additional cable pull works" at other properties, but surely that should have been something they were aware at when I signed the contracts and agreed to the service.

I now find myself in the position where my existing connection will terminate on the 4th May, I will be left unable to work due to lack of internet provision, I essentially have spend money on additionally networking infrastructure that I may not need.

Just to reinforce this is not a Home service I depend on the internet for my job and being without it removes my ability to peform my job.

I have replied to my Order Manager, but I would guess at 7pm on a Friday before a bank holiday I am not going to get a reply until at least Tuesday, which is far to late for me to be able to resolve this.

I do not know how to proceed all office lines close at 6pm and as I dont acutally have a service yet its difficult to get in touch with anyone (hence posting on here).

Is anyone able to help/advise?

Cheers

Steve

0 Kudos
steveroebuck
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Short notice of install cancellation

Just as an update to this I cannot track my order online either as the site doesnt accept the order number provided on my documentation - I can see forum admins active on here, can someone please respond to me, I have no method of reaching out to the business support as its 9-5 Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays!

Also to add as I am a business user I was informed and told that I was on a 24hour fix SLA. 

THIS IS URGENT! I WILL BE LOSING EARNINGS FROM TUESDAY!

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know none of the staff here will be able to help as Virgin residental and Business are ran as complete separate Businesses also the forum staff tend to take up to a week or two to reply to these residental forums so you best bet and fasts way to get support will be calling virgin business on monday.

As for SLA its a fault fix SLA so has nothing to do with them not installing but you would need to read your Terms and conditions and contract

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@steveroebuck first thing on Saturday morning, you need to call your current provider and do whatever it takes to cancel the cease on Tuesday. There's every  chance that the delay could stretch on for weeks if not months depending on the nature of the required cabling works, especially if local council permission is needed for any works.

If you can get a monthly rolling contract with your existing provider, then go with that and see how long it takes VM to install, if they insist, however, on a longer minimum term, then the decision is yours, but my advise would be to stay with them and just cancel the Virgin installation.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Or get a 4G Dongle.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
steveroebuck
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies - let me address them all ...

• @legacy1 4G dongle will not work I am in a poor mobile coverage area for all the mobile networks and sadly it doesn't provide sufficient throughput or capacity for me to continue to work effectively.
  • @jem101 Sadly having contacted my existing supplier the only way to get my service back is to sign up for another 18month deal, I could move elsewhere but then delays and I might be able to get a monthly rolling deal. Additionally, I have checked my Virgin paperwork and it states I am now liable for cancellation fees, which I would imagine is the full 24-month term, despite having no service installed yet.
  • @crany I can appreciate that they are a slow turn round on here, but others have posted and had replies within hours so that really doesn't match what is happening. My biggest issue is that they wait until 18:50 on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend, to inform me that my installation that was booked for 8 am on Tuesday was being canceled. That is simply unacceptable timeframes to expect me to reorganise my service - given more notice I would have been able to mitigate some of the issues. All documentation I have states that service commences from the moment I accept the contract so as far as I am aware I am now a contracted Virgin Media Business customer. 

Sadly there is no way to contact the business service on a weekend which is totally befuddling especially as most businesses work 7 days............ This is not a positive first impression of Virgin Media!.

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@steveroebuck no, you won't be held to any early termination fees, the contract doesn't start until the service is up and running and even then you would have the 14 day cooling off period in which you could cancel with no fee anyway.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

show or fast turn around on here the problem you have this is a residential forum. the staff here do not work for VMB and it's run as a separate company.

You will likely just be told you need to contact VMB business.

Business or not you should never cancel your current provider for anything until you have a replacement working if its vital to have