Menu
frangipann
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Shoddy cable install through garden

Hi. 

A VM team came to install the external cable a week or so ago. The cable needed to go from the box on the pavement, under a hedge, small lawn and flower bed. I thought they dug a trench and buried the cable, presumably in some kind of protective ducting or sheath, but yesterday I noticed the cable sticking out of our hedge and basically just tucked under the grass, barely buried at all.

This is not acceptable - if we need to trim the hedge, mow the lawn or dig the flower bed (pretty standard activities for any home owner!) there's a strong chance we could damage the cable, as it's so shallow and has no protective shielding or trunking.

Considering Virgin Media isn't cheap, this unacceptably shoddy installation. 

How do we get a team back in to lay it properly? The cable will need re-doing as there's not enough slack on it to be buried properly.  

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shoddy cable install through garden

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
frangipann
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully someone from VM will pick up the thread, as the call centres seem to be on a skeleton staff at the moment and I can't face waiting on hold for hours. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi frangipann

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the cabling issue. I'll PM you now so we can send a tech out

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos