Menu
PVJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shocking Pre-Install and Install experience

I signed up to Virgin Media last month and to say the joining process has been a mess would be an understatement - leading to us making a formal complaint, that has been ignored and I am still awaiting a response.

The problems have included - no accurate communication about appointments, Site Surveys not carried out on time/ correctly, leading to hours on the phone to Customer Services & the Pre-Install team, leading to a cycle of calling Customer Services, security checks, transfers to Pre-Install (even though I called the 'direct line'), to go back through the security checks, rebookings and being fobbed off with excuses. I tried asking for reassurances and asking for information via the SMS system, but no-one contacted me. The same problems happened with the external cabling work.

I raised a formal complaint about the issues and was told that someone would call within 48 hours. No-one called.

During the recurring issues I chased the formal complaint and I was told that someone tried to ring me. I had no missed calls. The complaint was reopened an alternative number given,

Eventually the survey and external work took place, ahead of installation last Saturday.

A very rude and unhelpful engineer (Clayton) installed VM - quickly telling me the install of the cabling couldn't happen as discussed during the survey and installing it his way (the quickest). The telephone line was not transferred meaning that I have had to request this again myself (after more time on the phone), which will not happen until 6th June.

Thankfully (via an alternative route), I have managed to get an alternative engineer to fix the cabling issue today and it is now installed how we wanted it. A big thank you to Kaye and Jack.

I raised a formal complaint about the issues I had faced to that point on the 9th April, being told by 'Aileen' in the Pre-Install team that someone would contact me within 48 hours. No-one contacted me. When I challenged this on 20th May, I was told that someone had attempted to call me - but couldn't say when or what number and I can see from other members, there is an issue with the Resolution Team saying this but not calling customers. This was challenged and the complaint was reopened.

On Saturday afternoon, I have received an email claiming this time that someone has tried to call me and write to me, has been unable to get hold of me and as it has been over 28 days since they wrote to me, they've assumed I am happy with the resolution and closed the complaint!!

I have spent over 4 hours to date on calls, social media and messages to get issues addressed and my complaint raised - and re-raised. Can someone please contact me via private message/ telephone call ASAP. There are two contact numbers on my account - please use the mobile number, as you have not transferred the landline.

Complaint Reference C-2604211629

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking Pre-Install and Install experience

All fairly normal I am afraid.
0 Kudos
PVJ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree. I’ve seen multiple others post here with similar issues. But at least Virgin Media dignify them with a response and it seems, talk to them privately regarding the issues and a fair resolution.

It seems now VM can’t even be bothered to do that! 😠

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good evening @PVJ

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your install. 

I will be more than happy to take a look over your account and advise on your complaint. 

In order to do so, I will need to pop you over a PM so that I can get some further information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
PVJ
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak,

Thanks for the dialogue over DM and for escalating to your manager - for a satisfactory conclusion.

Hopefully all fine from now on 🤞🏻🙂

Paul

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PVJ,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved, and I'll ensure that your kind words are passed onto my colleague too.

If you need our help with anything else in the future, please do feel free to reach back out to us here on the community forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos