cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared connection

Gruff67
Joining in

I got VM package installed two days  The engineer installing the broadband connected us to our neighbours outside box Instead of running a new wire from our house to the street. I assume that this will not impact on the quality of our service?

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Assuming the technician checked the signal levels as they should have done, it will have no effect on either service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

If there is no wayleave agreement in place between your neighbour and VM then your neighbour would be within their rights to insist that the cable is removed. The installation should have been done from the access point on your boundary.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think you'll find that VM will consider the neighbour's agreement to install their equipment on his property as not being specific as to what it includes and excludes. 

But the neighbour should certainly be consulted because there have been objections in previous cases. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gruff67
Joining in

Thanks for your thoughts. 

I'll have a chat about it with my neighbour, just out of courtesy as we get on well. 

Hi @Gruff67,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, this shouldn't have an impact on your services, but if you experience any problems and/or yourself or your neighbour have any additional queries then please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!