Menu
ktpl
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Shared Tarmaced Driveway

We've trying for some time to get connected to the Virgin Media service.

A group of 3 houses at the end of a ~50m tarmaced drive. After signing up for the VM service we had a data booked and a engineer sent round for a survey. Lines were marked out for the install, installation date set and all seemed to be going well.

A week or so later, install date is cancelled and refunds issues - addresses are market as unserviceable.

After numerous emails / calls to try and find out why another engineer is dispatched. Engineer agrees that the marked lines look feasible and there is even a 'Tap' already in place at the end of the drive. Says he'll report back and someone will be in touch - no one reaches out.

More emails, more phone calls and another engineer turns up at the door. Same as before, agrees the route is feasible, but this time he speculates that the issue is the cost of running the cable down the tarmaced drive. Again he leaves saying someone will be in touch and we here nothing.
Does Virgin have a limit on the length of driveway they will dig up? Is does the limit increase for shared paths?

Ideally I'd like to get in touch with VM to understand why the properties have been flagged as unserviceable, but no one ever gets back to us.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shared Tarmaced Driveway

Hi there,

Generally working over a distance of around 10 m and especially on private drives would mean a specific type of construction. This can be very expensive and this is likely why it  has failed.

If you can private message me your details I’m happy to take a look at this for you and give you a firm answer.

if you can private message me your details I’m happy to take a look at this for you and give you a firm answer.

many thanks

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos