Menu
Jfong519
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Severe damage during installation

Hi 

I had an installation completed today and the engineers have broken more than 5 bricks and placed them randomly back onto the ground. They are all jagged and no longer smooth. 
the outside box was also placed on my neighbours wall?!?! We didn’t see this until this evening and the engineer did not come and ask if we are happy with the installation nor did we sign anything to confirm that. 

This is ridiculous and embarrassing for us, we need someone to come fix it ASAP. Also - the signal is awful and doesn’t reach most of the house. This location was suggested by the engineer… how were we to know that the signal would be this awful… 

please have someone get in contact ASAP. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Jfong519
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Damages from installation

Hi 

I had an installation completed today and the engineers have broken more than 5 bricks and placed them randomly back onto the ground. They are all jagged and no longer smooth. 
the outside box was also placed on my neighbours wall?!?! We didn’t see this until this evening and the engineer did not come and ask if we are happy with the installation nor did we sign anything to confirm that. 

This is ridiculous and embarrassing for us, we need someone to come fix it ASAP. Also - the signal is awful and doesn’t reach most of the house. This location was suggested by the engineer… how were we to know that the signal would be this awful… 

please have someone get in contact ASAP

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damages from installation

Post some photos so that Virgin staff can see the problem.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Severe damage during installation

Firstly, please don't create multiple posts across the forum, it can lead to confused replies so I've merged them for you. @Jfong519  to make sure you pick up the combined thread.

Secondly, as per @jpeg1  - please post some pictures of the situation, that will enable forum staff (and others) to advise.

Thirdly, you've mentioned "the signal is awful", but not what signal this is. I would presume WiFi, at which point there's - to an extent - a standard answer. That is, that Virgin supply a broadband connection which your router then converts into wired & wireless connections.

The wireless environment in your home is not something VM (or any ISP) have any control over, and that may need further advice/experimentation. The free router that VM supply is a basic one, and it may well be that you need a different solution. Others are better placed to advise on specifics here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damages from installation

Hi Jfong519

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community

My apologies for the damage allegation. I'll be happy to PM you regarding this to raise a complaint and get it through to the damages team

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos