cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup issue: base light blinking green

benbusch88
Joining in

I just moved to a new house. Virgin media said I was eligible for self setup so I ordered the self setup QuickStart box. After receiving the hub I realised that I didn’t have a virgin media socket like in the instructions. Instead I have this Wolsey WMA-WPS100/1 TV amplifier which is my only option for attaching the hub. After trying it out, the base light of the hub just flashes green. It never seems to connect to anything. 

Does anyone have any idea whether I need a technician to take a look at this? In that case, which number should I call? 

IMG_1863.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@benbusch88 wrote:

I just moved to a new house. Virgin media said I was eligible for self setup so I ordered the self setup QuickStart box. After receiving the hub I realised that I didn’t have a virgin media socket like in the instructions. Instead I have this Wolsey WMA-WPS100/1 TV amplifier which is my only option for attaching the hub. After trying it out, the base light of the hub just flashes green. It never seems to connect to anything. 

Does anyone have any idea whether I need a technician to take a look at this? In that case, which number should I call? 

IMG_1863.jpeg

The Wolsey unit is a rooftop antenna amplifier. So either the previous user has re-rigged it for Freeview TV reception or has made an unauthorised alteration to VMs network. Take the input cable out of the amp, screw it into the back of the hub & see what happens. TV amplifiers 1) filter out channels used by Cable Broadband & 2) do not pass signals bi-directionally, so it will stop any connection to a 2 way cable communication system from working. It also might interfere with the network.

If you still get no connection when it is connected direct, then you will need tech assistance. Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks