Menu
Wombletom88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Setting up online account after home move

I’ve recently moved home and taken Virgin with me. This means a new account. 

however, I cannot register my new account as it recognises my email address. 

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up online account after home move

Get yourself a new Gmail address and use that, once everything is setup you can swap to the one you want to use.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
LetMeSeeMyBills
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue and haven't been able to get it sorted since October. I've been told 3 times after hours on hold that they've sorted it and still nothing has happened. Last time they hung up after I was on the call for over 2 hours.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Wombletom88
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds promising 🤦‍♂️

0 Kudos
Wombletom88
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That’s crazy that I would have to set up a new gmail account. Surely they can update my existing account with the new details?!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

Forum Staff may be able to do this for you, however it may take from a few days to a week, but may be overlooked in this broadband forum since it's really busy.

Hopefully one of the VIP's will move this post to the relevant section for you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos