Menu
baileye
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Setting up broadband issue

Hello,

Yesterday we were sent our new virgin hub and tv box as we requested new equipment.

When we tried to set up the hub we followed all the instructions in the booklet but when it switches on the base light remains Yellow/orange. we’ve waited the recommended 30 mins and still no luck. We have repeated this process 3 times but with no change.

I have attempted to call customer services and the number provided on the booklet but both have automatic responses saying call centres closed due to coronavirus which is strange considering we spoke to someone thursday to arrange the new equipment.

Please could someone assist

many thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up broadband issue

Hub Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
baileye
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sending this but it doesn’t work.

It says that they failed to activate and that they’re putting me through to a human but then that the call centres are closed due to coronavirus. I’ve been through all the fault pages but to no avail

0 Kudos
Sixtyten
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like there’s a lot of us with the same issue. 

baileye
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to a queue and waited for exactly 1 hour and then the line disconnected! This is starting to become very frustrating as we’re currently without any broadband or TV.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi baileye,

Welcome to the community! Thanks so much for posting on the community forums for help with your activation issue, although I am sorry to hear you're having some problems with your new equipment.

I've been unable to locate your account fusing the information provided upon setting up your community profile, so I'm not able to check the status of your equipment from here sadly. However please let me know if you still haven't been able to get any help with this and I'll look into this for you as quickly as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Beth

0 Kudos