Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Setting up BB quick start way

Hi folks, I am new to the whole virgin situation and seem to be having a problem, I have signed up to broadband and tv with the agent telling me I already have a connection in household (tenement Flat) I said cool so they sent self set up box with all the wires and cables etc, I have sent text to activate but looking at start guide I don’t seem to have a virgin connection box anywhere, I have a communal plate that has tv aerial, sat1 and sat2, then a fm/dab one.

can anyone guide me please 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up BB quick start way

if they have sent a quick start kit then that means on their system there has been VM at the address - that said flats and the way they can be numbered is not always clear on the VM database

a search in the flat for any other boxes is worth while - does not sound as though what you can see is for VM but photos might help

if there is no other boxes then you need to book a tech

installations in flats can be a problem - so a couple of questions - what level are you on and do you have the landlords permission to install if there is a need for a tech to be drilling holes and fixing external boxes 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

EF61FB1E-F69F-4D28-8177-5D299DD5AE94.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

images take a while to show but have had a look at it and i would agree non of that is VM - so you are looking for another box [or two] - have a word with others that live in the block - as i say the fact that they have sent the quick start means they [VM] think its installed 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There may be seperate arrangements in flats to supply Virgin, but I know in some blocks the cable is simply changed at the disribution board that feeds these communal outlet plates.

What you have to bear in mind is that if this is the case you will lose the Sat1 satellite feed for the Virgin service. If you are not taking the TV service from Virgin be aware that you will have to lose one of the satellite feeds to any Sky/Freesat boxes you may have.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos